Answers are at the bottom...good luck and let us know how you fare!
1. Which player came on as substitute and scored a dramatic last minute winner against Manchester City on New Year’s Day 2012?
2. Was Ian Porterfield’s winning goal in the 1973 FA Cup final scored with his right or left foot?
3. Which player scored 16 League goals in Sunderland’s promotion season from the Third Division in 1987-88?
4. Who played for Liverpool between 1992 and 2000 after having a two-week trial at Sunderland in 1990?
A - Stig Inge Bjornebye
B - Steve Harkness
C - Dominic Matteo
5. Name the six players with a Sunderland connection who played in Rangers’ championship season in 1986-87.
6. Which player was the first £500 and £1000 footballer and what part did Sunderland play in those transfers?
7. From which club did Sunderland sign Chris Makin in 1997?
8. Who did the club play at Roker Park in the clubs Centenary match in 1979?
A - An England XI
B - Liverpool
C - Newcastle United
9. Which ex-manager of Sunderland played for the opposition during Sunderland’s first ever fixture in the Premier League?
Finally... Question 10...
10. In what year did Sunderland last score the winning goal in an FA Cup final at Wembley?
1. Ji Dong-won
3. John MacPhail
4. A - Stig Inge Bjornebye
5. Chris Woods, Terry Butcher, Derek Ferguson, Colin West, Jimmy Nicholl and Ally McCoist
6. Alf Common - Sunderland bought him for £520 in 1904 from Sheffield United and sold him to Middlesbrough a year later for £1000.
8. A - An England XI
9. Simon Grayson
10. 1979 - Alan Sunderland scored the winner in a 3-2 win for Arsenal over Manchester United
How did you do!?