Answers are at the bottom...good luck and let us know how you fare!
1. From which club did Sunderland sign Lionel Perez for a fee of £200,000 in 1996?
2. Against which club did Kevin Phillips score his first goal for Sunderland?
3. Complete the Sunderland starting XI who defeated Newcastle United 2-1 in Roy Keane’s only victory over Newcastle United as Sunderland manager at the Stadium of Light in October 2008...
Gk - Martin Fulop
RB - ?
CB - Danny Collins
CB - ?
LB - George McCartney
RM - ?
MID - Dean Whitehead
MID - ?
LM - Kieran Richardson
ST - El Hadji Diouf
ST - ?
4. Who scored the winning goal for Sunderland in the FA Cup 5th round replay against West Ham United that set up a quarter-final clash with Chelsea in 1992?
5. During last season (2018-19), which of Sunderland’s Wembley appearances had the biggest official attendance?
A. Football League Trophy Final
B. Play-Off Final
6. Which player scored two goals when Sunderland defeated Everton 3-0 in Sam Allardyce’s final victory as Sunderland manager?
7. Who was manager of Sunderland for the 2nd round tie against Peterborough United during the 2013-14 League Cup run that led to Sunderland reaching the final?
8. Which team were relegated along with Sunderland during our first season in the Premier League in 1996-97 due to being deducted 3 points for failing to fulfill a Premier League fixture?
9. In Roy Keane’s only full season as Sunderland manager in the Premier League, what was Sunderland’s final position?
Finally... Question 10...
10. Sunderland defeated Newcastle United 3-0 in Sam Allardyce’s second game in charge in October 2015 - what was the score in the reverse fixture at St James’ Park in March 2016?
2. Manchester City
3. RB - Pascal Chimbonda, CB - Anton Ferdinand, RM - Steed Malbranque, CM - Dwight Yorke, & ST - Dijbril Cisse
4. David Rush
5. A. Football League Trophy Final
6. Lamine Kone
7. Kevin Ball
9. B. 15th
10. Newcastle United 1 - 1 Sunderland