Answers are at the bottom...good luck and let us know how you fare!
1. From which club did Sunderland sign Ian Porterfield?
2. Which manager signed John O’Shea for Sunderland?
3. Complete this Sunderland starting XI under Steve Bruce who defeated Chelsea 3-0 at Stamford Bridge in November 2010...
Gk - Craig Gordon
RB - ?
CB - Titus Bramble
CB - ?
LB - Phil Bardsley
RM - Jordan Henderson
MID - ?
MID - Kieran Richardson
LM - ?
ST - Asamoah Gyan
ST - ?
4. Who scored the winning goal for Sunderland in the first-leg of the League Cup semi-final against Manchester United in 2014?
5. During last season (2018-19), how many teams in League One conceded fewer away League goals than Sunderland?
6. Which player scored for Sunderland in extra-time during the 1998 play-off final at Wembley that ended in a 4-4 draw against Charlton Athletic?
7. Who were the opponents for Paolo Di Canio’s first game in charge as Sunderland’s manager?
8. Which two players ended as Sunderland’s joint top goalscorer in the league during our first ever season in the Premier League?
9. In Peter Reid’s final full season as Sunderland manager in the Premier League in 2001-02, what was Sunderland’s final league position?
Finally... Question 10...
10. After leaving Sunderland which two clubs did Kevin Ball play for?
1. Raith Rovers
2. Steve Bruce
3. RB - Nedum Onuoha, CB - Michael Turner, CM - Lee Cattermole, LM - Bolo Zenden, & ST - Danny Welbeck
4. Fabio Borini
6. Nicky Summerbee
8. Craig Russell & Paul Stewart
9. C. 17th
10. Fulham and Burnley