Answers are at the bottom...good luck and let us know how you fare!
1. Which player made his only appearance for Sunderland when he came on as a substitute replacing his brother in 1989?
2. In the 30 seasons between 1970-71 and 1999-00 how many times were Sunderland and Newcastle United in the top flight of English football at the same time?
3. Complete the Sunderland starting XI who defeated Everton 3-0 in the last competitive game at Roker Park in May 1997...
Gk - Lionel Perez
RB - ?
CB - Richard Ord
CB - ?
LB - Michael Gray
RM - Darren Williams
MID - ?
MID - Kevin Ball
LM - ?
ST - Niall Quinn
ST - ?
4. Who was the first to represent Finland and win an international cap whilst playing for Sunderland?
5. Which Sunderland player scored a hat-trick against Newcastle United at St James’ Park in 1979?
6. Which Norwegian international scored on his debut for Sunderland against Manchester United in 2002?
7. How many times did England play a full international at Roker Park?
8. Which team were the opponents for Sunderland’s first ever cup-tie at the Stadium of Light?
For a bonus point name the ex-Sunderland player in the opposition first XI...?
9. Which club did Chris Makin join when he left Sunderland in 2001 for a reported £1.3 million?
Finally... Question 10...
10. Who were the opponents when David Moyes finally won a Premier League game as Sunderland manager at the eleventh time of asking in November 2016?
1. Ricardo Gabbiadini
3. RB - Gareth Hall, CB - Lee Howey, CM - Paul Bracewell, LM - Chris Waddle & ST - Paul Stewart
4. Teemu Tainio
5. Gary Rowell
6. Tore Andre Flo
8. Bury (Bonus answer = Gordon Armstrong)
9. Ipswich Town