Answers are at the bottom...good luck and let us know how you fare!
1. From which club did Sunderland sign Don Goodman for a club record fee of £900,000 in 1991?
2. Against which club did Michael Bridges score his first goal for Sunderland in February 1996 (where not many Sunderland fans or cameras caught the action due to the thick fog!)?
3. Complete the Sunderland starting XI who defeated Sheffield United 1-0 in Peter Reid’s first competitive game as Sunderland manager at Roker Park in April 1995...
Gk - ?
RB - Dariusz Kubicki
CB - ?
CB - Richard Ord
LB - Martin Scott
RM - ?
MID - Brian Atkinson
MID - ?
LM - Martin Smith
ST - Phil Gray
ST - ?
4. Who scored the winning goal for Sunderland against Sheffield United in the game described in Question 3?
5. During last season (2018-19), what was Sunderland’s lowest league position throughout the season?
6. Before Sunderland’s first meeting with Newcastle in the Premier League during the 1996-97 season - what season saw the previous meeting between the two clubs in the top flight?
7. What occurred to Sunderland during the League Cup in the 1979-80 season that has not occurred in any top class cup competition since?
8. Against which side did James Vaughan score his first goal for Sunderland during the 2017-18 season?
9. In the three years that Jack Rodwell was on Sunderland’s books - how many first team appearances did he make?
Finally... Question 10...
10. Who scored Sunderland’s goal in the first ever Tyne & Wear derby at St James’ Park in the Premier League that ended 1-1?
1. West Bromwich Albion
2. Southend United
3. GK - Tony Norman, CB - Gary Bennett, RM - Steve Agnew, CM - Derek Ferguson, & ST - Brett Angell
4. Craig Russell
5. B. 7th
7. Sunderland were drawn to play Newcastle United (League Cup 2nd round)
8. Hull City
9. C. 76
10. Michael Gray