Answers are at the bottom... good luck and let us know how you fare!
1. From which club was Kenny Cunningham released in May 2006 prior to signing for Sunderland in July 2006?
2. Which player signed from York City and made his debut in a FA Cup 3rd round tie at Highbury that ended in a draw in January 1997?
3. Which Sunderland player was given a red card against Newcastle United at St James Park after the final whistle in March 2012 as Martin O’Neill’s side drew 1-1?
4. True or False: Niall Quinn scored the final Sunderland goal of the last millennium in December 1999 and the first goal of the new millennium in January 2000.
5. Which player scored Sunderland’s final goal in the English top flight in May 1990 against Manchester City before it became the Premier League?
A. Gary Bennett
B. Peter Davenport
C. Gary Owers
6. Which Republic of Ireland international signed for Sunderland in the summer of 2007 after having his contract terminated at Levante?
7. Which Sunderland striker played their final game for Sunderland in the play-off final at Wembley against Swindon Town in May 1990?
8. What position did Sunderland occupy in the Premier League ahead of Sam Allardyce’s first game in charge as Sunderland manager?
9. Which player was Sunderland’s top League goalscorer during Roy Keane’s first season in charge of Sunderland in the Premier League during 2007-08?
Finally... Question 10...
10. Who played for Sunderland whilst on loan during 1993-94 and is also the current chairman of Swindon Town?
1. Birmingham City
2. Darren Williams
3. Lee Cattermole
5. A. Gary Bennett
6. Ian Harte
7. Eric Gates
8. C. 19th
9. Kenwyne Jones
10. Lee Power