Answers are at the bottom... good luck and let us know how you fare!
1. From which club did Sunderland sign Alex Rae in the summer of 1996?
2. Which German international made his debut for Sunderland against Arsenal at the Stadium of Light in August 1999?
3. Which Sunderland manager left the club in October 1976 after failing to record a win in the first nine games in Division One after gaining promotion the previous season?
4. True or False: Martin O’Neill was undefeated as manager of Sunderland during fixtures against Newcastle United.
5. Which player scored Sunderland’s first-ever goal in the third tier of English football?
A. Gordon Armstrong
B. Keith Bertschin
C. Eric Gates
6. Which Sunderland player was sent-off during our play-off semi-final first leg victory over Portsmouth in May 2019?
7. Name three of the five players who made their debut in Roy Keane’s first Premier League game as manager of Sunderland, which ended in a 1-0 victory over Tottenham Hotspur at the Stadium of Light in August 2007.
For a bonus point – name all five players who made their debut that day.
8. What position in the Coca-Cola Championship did Sunderland occupy when Roy Keane was appointed Sunderland manager in August 2006?
9. Which player scored the first-ever hat-trick at the Stadium of Light?
For a bonus point can you name the opposition?
Finally... Question 10...
10. Sunderland defeated Crystal Palace 4-0 at Selhurst Park in David Moyes’ biggest win as manager in February 2017. Jermain Defoe scored two of Sunderland’s goals, but can you name one of the other goal scorers?
2. Thomas Helmer
3. Bob Stokoe
5. B. Keith Bertschin
6. Alim Ozturk
7. Craig Gordon, Dickson Etuhu, Paul McShane, Kieran Richardson and Michael Chopra
8. C. 23rd
9. Niall Quinn v Stockport County, 7th March 1998
10. Lamine Kone or Didier Ndong