Answers are at the bottom...good luck and let us know how you fare!
1. Which club did Peter Reid sign John Mullin for as one his first signings for Sunderland in 1996 for an initial fee of £40,000?
2. Which club came from 2-0 down at Roker Park in May 1987 to win 2-3 and condemn Sunderland to the relegation play-offs?
3. How many League titles did Sunderland win before the outbreak of World War II?
4. Who were Sunderland’s last opponents at Roker Park in the old First Division in May 1990?
5. Which Spanish midfielder was signed for Sunderland by Gustavo Poyet on a free transfer from in the summer of 2014?
6. Who scored Sunderland’s first ever goal in League One at the Stadium of Light?
7. Who were the opponents at the Stadium of Light for Niall Quinn’s final game as manager of Sunderland that ended in his one and only victory in charge?
8. What position in the Premier League did Sunderland finish in Roy Keane’s only full season as manager in the Premier League in 2007/08?
9. Which two players did Roy Keane sign from Celtic for Sunderland on the final day of the transfer window in August 2007?
Finally... Question 10...
10. What was Sunderland’s final League position that resulted in qualification for the promotion play-offs and so led to an epic two-leg semi-final encounter with Newcastle United in 1990?
3. C. 6
5. Jordi Gomes
6. Josh Maja
7. West Bromwich Albion
8. B. 15th
9. Ross Wallace & Stanislav Varga