Answers are at the bottom...good luck and let us know how you fare!
1. Which club knocked Sunderland out of last season’s League Cup which was also Jack Ross’ first defeat as Sunderland manager in a competitive game?
2. Who scored the only goal of the game for Sunderland’s in our first ever home victory in the Premier League against Coventry City in September 1996?
A. Steve Agnew
B. Alex Rae
C. Craig Russell
3. Complete this Sunderland starting XI from October 2008 when Roy Keane’s Sunderland defeated Newcastle United 2-1 at the Stadium of Light...
Gk - ?
RB - Pascal Chimbonda
CB - ?
CB - Anton Ferdinand
LB - George McCartney
RM - ?
CM - Dwight Yorke
CM - ?
LM - Kieran Richardson
ST - El Hadji Diouf
ST - ?
4. From which club did Peter Reid sign Paul Butler for Sunderland in a deal worth a reported £1 million in the summer of 1998?
5. Which team did Sunderland play in July 1993 to celebrate Gary Bennett’s Testimonial match?
6. Which of the following players scored the most goals for Sunderland?
A. Gordon Armstrong (1984-1995)
B. Brian Clough (1961-1965)
C. Eric Gates (1985-1990)
7. What was Sunderland’s final league position last season?
8. Which former Sunderland player had the following playing career?
2002-2004 - Charlton Athletic
2003 - Leyton Orient (loan) 2006 - Brentford (loan)
2004-2006 - Brentford
2006-2009 - Hull City
2009-2012 - Sunderland
2012-2017 - Norwich City
2010 - Fulham (loan) 2011 - Sheffield Wednesday (loan)
2017 - Southend United
9. Which two players did Sunderland loan from Everton during the 2017-18 season as we were relegated from the Championship under Simon Grayson and Chris Coleman?
Finally... Question 10...
10. Which ex-Sunderland legend was manager of Chelsea, when they were our FA Cup quarter-final opponents in 1992?
1. Sheffield Wednesday
2. A. Steve Agnew
3. Gk - Marton Fulop, CB - Danny Collins, RM - Steed Malbranque, CM - Dean Whitehead, ST - Djibril Cisse
5. Glasgow Rangers
6. B. Brian Clough
8. Michael Turner
9. Tyias Browning and Brendan Galloway
10. Ian Porterfield