Answers are at the bottom...good luck and let us know how you fare!
1. Only taking into account final results after 90 minutes - how many cup games have ended in defeat this season for Sunderland?
2. Which striker was the only Sunderland player making his debut for the club during our first league game at the Stadium of Light that ended in a 3-1 victory over Manchester City?
3. Complete this Sunderland starting XI from August 1997 for Sunderland’s first ever league game at the Stadium of Light that ended in a 3-1 victory against Manchester City...
Gk - ?
RB - Chris Makin
CB - Andy Melville
CB - ?
LB - Michael Gray
RM - ?
CM - Lee Clark
CM - Kevin Ball
LM - ?
ST - Niall Quinn
ST - ?
4. From which club did Denis Smith sign Anton Rogan for Sunderland in 1991 in a deal worth a reported £350,000?
5. What was Sunderland’s final league position when reaching the Play-Offs under Denis Smith in the 1989-90 season?
6. Which of the following players scored the most goals for Sunderland?
A. Aiden McGeady (2017-present)
B. Ian Porterfield (1967-1977)
C. Stephane Sessegnon (2011-2013)
7. Which on-loan french full-back scored the opening goal against Newcastle United at the Stadium of Light in April 2001 in a game that ended 1-1?
8. Which former Sunderland player had the following playing career?
2002-2006 - Celtic
2006-2009 - Sunderland
2008-2009 - Preston North End (loan)
2009-2010 - Preston North End
2010-2015 - Burnley
2015-2018 - Sheffield Wednesday
2018-2019 - Fleetwood Town
9. Which player did Sunderland have on a season long loan deal from Manchester City during the 2016-17 season, as Sunderland were relegated from the Premier League under David Moyes?
Finally... Question 10...
10. Which of the following players made the most appearances for Sunderland?
A. Jack Colback (2008-2014)
B. Gavin McCann (1998-2003)
C. Colin Pascoe (1988-1992)
2. Kevin Phillips
3. Gk - Lionel Perez, CB - Richard Ord, RM - Steve Agnew, RM - Chris Byrne, ST - Kevin Phillips
6. A. Aiden McGeady
7. Patrice Carteron
8. Ross Wallace
9. Jason Denayer
10. C. Colin Pascoe