Answers are at the bottom...good luck and let us know how you fare!
1. How many previous Sunderland managers have not been from the United Kingdom or the Republic of Ireland?
2. Who scored Sunderland’s first goal during the 1992 FA Cup quarter-final replay against Chelsea at Roker Park that Sunderland would eventually win 2-1 through a Gordon Armstrong header?
3. Complete this Sunderland starting XI from the 2004 FA Cup semi-final at Old Trafford that ended in defeat to Millwall by a single Tim Cahill goal?
Gk - ?
RB - Stephen Wright
CB - Gary Breen
CB - ?
LB - George McCartney
RM - John Oster
CM - ?
CM - Jason McAteer
LM - Julio Arca
ST - Kevin Kyle
ST - ?
4. Which 17-year-old striker did Denis Smith bring off the bench to make his debut for Sunderland during a 3-1 home win against Watford in November 1991?
5. In what month did Sunderland suffer their first defeat of 2019?
6. Which player from the following has scored the most goals for Sunderland?
A. John MacPhail (1987-1990)
B. Gavin McCann (1998-2003)
C. Kieran Richardson (2007-2012)
7. Which manager signed Eric Gates for Sunderland from Ipswich Town for £150,000 in the summer of 1985?
8. Which former Sunderland player had the following playing career?
1992-1994 - LB Châteauroux, 1994-1995 - Paris Saint-Germain, 1996-1997 - Metz (on loan), 1997-1998 - Gamba Osaka, 1998-2000 - Cagliari, 2000-2001 - Parma, 2002 - Sunderland (on loan), 2002-2003 - Al-Ittihad, 2003-2004 - Tokyo Verdy, 2004-2005 - Vissel Kobe
9. From which club did Sunderland sign Kevin Phillips for an initial £325,000 in July 1997?
Finally... Question 10...
10. Which of the following players made the most appearances for Sunderland?
A. Gordon Armstrong (1984-1995)
B. Bobby Gurney (1926-1944)
C. Charlie Hurley (1957-1969)
1. Three - Paolo Di Canio, Gus Poyet & Dick Advocaat
2. Peter Davenport
3. GK - Mart Poom, CB - Phil Babb, CM - Paul Thirwell, ST - Tommy Smith
4. Craig Russell
5. April - Sunderland 4-5 Coventry City, April 13th
6. A. John MacPhail (1987-1990)
7. Lawrie McMenemy
8. Patrick M’Boma
10. A. Gordon Armstrong (1984-1995)