Answers are at the bottom...good luck and let us know how you fare!
1. Which manager took the Sunderland hot seat for a second time in 1987, taking over from Lawrie McMenemy in an attempt to save Sunderland from relegation to Division Three?
2. Name the five Sunderland managers who have won a League title (any tier) with Sunderland since World War II?
3. Which two men have held the post of caretaker manager twice at Sunderland?
4. Which Scottish manager was the last man to win to win a First Division (top tier) title and the first to win the FA Cup as manager of Sunderland in 1935-36 and 1936-37 respectively?
5. Who was the first Sunderland manager to break the £1 million barrier to sign a player for the club? (...and for a bonus point if can you name the player?!)
6. Which of the following manager’s suffered the most defeats as manager of Sunderland?
A. Chris Coleman (2017-2018)
B. Ricky Sbragia (2008-2009)
C. Howard Wilkinson (2002-2003)
7. Which former manager of Newcastle United and Derby County was assistant manager to Bob Stokoe as Sunderland won the FA Cup in 1973?
8. Which Sunderland manager had the following playing career?
1974-1978 - Birmingham City, 1975-1976 - Morton (loan), 1978-1980 - Walsall, 1980-1982 - Blackpool, 1982-1987 - York City, 1985 - Darlington (loan)
9. Since Bob Stokoe left the post in 1976, two manager’s have taken charge of over 200 competitive games whilst manager of Sunderland, can you name them?
Finally... Question 10...
10. Which of the following managers won the most competitive games Sunderland?
A. Mick Buxton (1993-1995)
B. Martin O’Neill (2011-2013)
C. Gustavo Poyet (2013-2015)
1. Bob Stokoe
2. Bob Stokoe, Denis Smith, Peter Reid, Mick McCarthy & Roy Keane
3. Kevin Ball & Robbie Stockdale
4. Johnny Cochrane
5. Peter Reid (Bonus point answer = Alex Rae)
6. A. Chris Coleman (2017-2018)
7. Arthur Cox
8. Ricky Sbragia
9. Denis Smith & Peter Reid
10. A. Mick Buxton (1993-1995)