Progress & Week #29 Table
Gav was the only person to win a bet this week as his punt on Manchester United to win and both teams to score in the cup final came in. Everyone else, however, failed and his lead at the top extends further.
This Week's Bonus Prize...
If Sunderland can somehow - SOMEHOW - beat Manchester City, the banker is going to refund all losing bets for our pundits this week.
Gav - @Gav1879
- I am not hopeful about Sunderland's chances in Sunday's game. I do think that we can score, though, and BTTS is 5/6, which seems reasonable. City's defence isn't great and we'll let them have chances so I'm pretty happy that this one will come in.
- I'm taking on a treble for my second bet. Fulham, Portsmouth and Dover returns £37.50 off a tenner. Nice and simple!
SAFC v MCFC BTTS - £10 - 5/6
Fulham, Pompey + Dover to win - £10 - £37.50
Rory Fallow - @RoryFallow
- It’s hard to pretend there’s much value by betting on Sunderland against Manchester City. I can’t really go for anything too positive. One theory I have is that a lot of our under performing players might turn up, given the opposition and one player who hasn’t done too badly recently is Adnan Januzaj. One of the few to come out of the Everton game with any credit, it’s about time Januzaj bagged a league goal for us, so I’ll back him to score any time at 6/1 with a £5 stake.
- Staying in the Premier League, I’m whacking a tenner down on my second bet and I’m keeping it safe. Middlesbrough can’t score and even though they travel to a Stoke side who shipped four last week, I can see their misery in front of goal continuing. The Potters to win with under 2.5 goals in the game is 5/2, which has a potential return of £35.
Januzaj to score anytime - £5 - 6/1
Stoke to win & under 2.5 goals - £10 - 5/2
Dan Parker - @DGP202
- My approach to betting the past few months is textbook idiocy. I have tried eleven ‘eight team or more’ accas over the last few months and won none of them… This week’s nine team acca pins my hopes on Copenhagen, Sion, PSG, PSV, Oxford, Man Utd, Barcelona, Celtic, and Porto. For the love of god, please.
- My Sunderland bet is equally foolish. I’ve been lured in by Dafabet’s price boost on Defoe scoring first against City. I know we are rubbish but if anyone is going to score for us, it’s going to be Jermain and he might as well give us false hope before we lose 5-1.
Nine team accumulator - £6 - £77.13
Jermain Defoe to score first - £6 - 10/1
Andy Tomlinson - @SAFCSource
- Manchester City at home up next and the chances of us getting anything from the game are extremely slim. We have been very poor in the last two games, while City have been prolific in front of goal lately - scoring ten in the last two games alone - which means Dafabet have priced us up at 10/1 to win the game. Considering we're a home side in the Premier League, that's great odds and I am stupidly going to put a tenner on it.
- For my other bet, I'm going to rely on Middlesbrough continuing their poor form and hope they still struggle to score as they travel to Stoke. Mark Hughes' side don't score many themselves but he should be able to get a reaction from his side, so 5/1 for a 1-0 home win is good value.
Sunderland to win - £10 - returns £110
Stoke to win 1-0 - £10 - returns £60
Danny Roberts - @DJRoberts22
I was exceptionally close to winning my Sunderland bet last week, which infuriates me. I need to sort out my picks, as I haven't recorded a profit for two weeks now.
- I'm sure we'll lose on Sunday - obviously - so there's no real point wasting much money on this bet. A safe £3 stake on City to win will return me next to nothing, but I'm after the victory so can't afford a £10 loss in case The Lads surprise us. The pointless bet will see me return £3.86. Solid.
- My acca this week will be wins for Heerenveen in Holland tonight, Southend, Stevenage and Portsmouth in the England and Besiktas in Turkey. A £10 bet will see me win £36.
Manchester City to beat SAFC - £3 - Returns £3.86
Five team accumulator - £10 - £36
Chris Sparks - @ChrisSavedLatin
- I'm going for a simple Sunderland win with £10 on at 9/1.
- I'm also backing Manchester United, Bristol City, Sheffield Wednesday and Newcastle to win with £10 returning £140.16.
Sunderland to win - £10 - 9/1
Four team accumulator - £10 - £140.16