Progress & Week #29 Table
All of us lost every single bet last week, lost almost £100 between us. Remarkable.
Gav still leads our table but only just, as Danny Roberts continues to stay just below him in second place - but only just.
This Week's Bonus Prize...
If Sunderland beat Everton at Goodison Park this weekend the banker is going to offer the same thing that he did last weekend - he'll refund all losing bets!
Gav - @Gav1879
- Dafabet have priceboosted Jermain Defoe to score the first goal of the game to 8/1. Now, I'm not exactly confident about our chances of winning this weekend but Jermain Defoe is very capable of scoring goals, so this seems like a risk worth taking.
- Elsewhere is the league cup final and whilst I think Southampton are a very good team, they aren't quite Manchester United - a squad who have experience of winning many medals and trophies over many years. Another priceboost from Dafabet for me - Manchester United to win and for there to be over 2.5 goals in the game is set at 2/1.
Defoe to score first - £5 - 8/1
Man Utd to win & BTTS - £10 - 2/1
Rory Fallow - @RoryFallow
- Unless you’re a huge optimist, there’s not much value with Sunderland-based bets this weekend. A draw has pretty decent odds, at 4/1, so I won’t overthink it and have £5 on that. I’d love to be wrong and see The Lads win, however.
- My odds are somewhat bigger for my second bet and I’m going for yet another treble. I’m hoping for draws in Crystal Palace vs. Middlesbrough and Watford vs. West Ham, while I fancy Hull to overcome a Burnley side who are wretched on the road. Another £5 stake will return a huge £110.08, so ha’way the draws!
Everton v Sunderland draw - £5 - 4/1
Treble - £5 - Returns £110.08
Dan Parker - @DGP202
- I don't have any faith that we will get a result away at Goodison Park this weekend. But I do think we'll score. Therefore, I was delighted to see Dafabet price boost the odds of an Everton win and BTTS to 12/5. I stuck £5 on that, safe in the knowledge that I would gladly throw a fiver down the drain every weekend if it meant we won football matches.
- Yes. It is another acca for my second bet. What was Einstein's definition of insanity again? A few things in life are nailed on: Joey Barton embarrassing himself on a weekly basis, Arsenal finishing in the top four, and me throwing money at doomed accas. This week's tenfold (stop laughing) pins my hopes on: St Etienne, Brentford, Athletic Bilbao, Munich, Celtic, Juve, West Brom, the Mags, Chelsea, and Ajax.
Everton to win & BTTS - £5 - 12/5
Tenfold accumulator - £7 - Returns £285.17
Andy Tomlinson - @SAFCSource
- After that shambles at home to Southampton last time out, the team head to Goodison Park to take on Everton and in-form Romelu Lukaku. That means you can get great odds on Sunderland related bets, unfortunately everything but losing seems quite unlikely - typified by the odds on Lukaku scoring a hat-trick (7/1), which is almost the same odds as Sunderland to win (13/2). I can't bring myself to bet against the lads though, so I'm going to go for an old reliable.
- For my other bet I'm going to take a punt on Southampton shocking Manchester United in Sunday's League Cup final. Southampton had been in poor form before destroying us two weeks ago, while United are the better team and should win but I fancy Claude Puel's side to pull off an upset.
£10 on Jermain Defoe to score first (8/1) returns £90
£10 on Southampton to win and both teams to score (9/1) returns £100
Danny Roberts - @DJRoberts22
- My Sunderland bet this week is easy. We won't win and Lukaku will score. Simple really. £5 on Everton to win and Lukaku to score first. That will see me win £17.80.
- My second bet will be an acca, betting on wins for Doncaster, Fleetwood, Brentford, the Scummers up the road and Colchester against Hartlepool. A fiver on that brings me a return of £67.72.
Everton to win & Lukaku first goal - £5 - Returns £17.80
Fivefold accumulator - £5 - Returns £67.72
Chris Sparks - @ChrisSavedLatin
- This week I’m taking advantage of a Dafabet priceboost, with Sunderland to win over 2.5 goals at 11/1.
- Elsewhere I’m backing Watford, Newcastle and Norwich in a treble.
Sunderland to beat Everton over 2.5 goals - 11/1 - £15 returns £180
Norwich, Newcastle and Watford to win - £15 returns £93.75