Progress & Week #27 Table
Gav and Danny Roberts kept up their rich vein of winning form last week which sees both sit almost neck-and-neck at the top of our leaders table.
Chris Sparks made more profit than any other pundit this week. He won both of his bets, meaning he's now out of the red - can he stay out of his overdraft this week?
Because Sunderland won, the banker has gifted each writer a free £5 accumulator bet that they must place this week. Nice!
This Week's Bonus Prize...
If Jermain Defoe scores at any time for Sunderland this weekend, the banker is going to be generous and give our pundits a risk-free £10 bet next week on any of Dafabet's Sunderland price-boosts. Canny!
Gav - @Gav1879
- I actually quite fancy us to turn Southampton over this weekend, mainly due to the manner of our victory last Saturday at Crystal Palace. And whilst I don't think that the Saints will be as soft a touch as Sam Allardyce's side were in London last week, I think that their weakness in the centre of defence might see them as a prime target for Jermain Defoe, who is having a fantastic season. £10 on a Sunderland win with under 2.5 goals in the game returns me £65 if it comes in!
- My second bet will be a treble - Everton to win away at Middlesbrough, Stoke to beat Crystal Palace and then Norwich to win at home against Nottingham Forest. £5 on that returns me £38.38.
- For my free £5 acca (cheers banker) I'm going for a fivefold of European sides - RB Leipzig, Bayern Munich, Monaco, Sporting Lisbon and Basel.
Sunderland to win + under 2.5 goals - £10 - Returns £65
Everton, Stoke + Norwich all to win - £5 - Returns £38.38
FREE £5 Acca - Returns £35.15
Rory Fallow - @RoryFallow
- After the last two games I'm going positive on my Sunderland bet. Two of the price boosts are tempting me - The Lads to win + over 2.5 goals, and a win with both teams to score, which have odds of 7/1 and 15/2. I'm opting for the former, though, since I think that Southampton will get a goal but I fancy Defoe and co. to out-score the visitors. It's a £5 stake, as is customary for me, which could return £40.
- I'm going to take a bit more of a risk with my second bet and back Burnley to get something at home to Chelsea. I know Chelsea look unstoppable, but Burnley are great at home and I can envisage a situation where Antonio Conte is happy to just take a point from Turf Moor, as the game reaches its closing stages. A draw is priced at 7/2, which is canny, so I'll bet another fiver.
- I'm keeping it simple with my free fiver acca. I'm backing wins for Everton, Stoke, Spurs & Swansea, while going for a draw between West Ham and West Brom. If this comes in, I'll shoot up the table with winnings of £579.63p.
Sunderland to win + over 2.5 goals - £5 - Returns £40
Burnley v Chelsea to end a draw - £5 - 7/2
FREE £5 Acca - Returns £579.63
Dan Parker - @DGP202
- Bryan Oviedo will keep all of Southampton out, won't he? He has only played one game for us and I've already fallen head over heels for our new Costa Rican wing-back. With that in mind, I've gone for Sunderland to win to nil.
- Elsewhere, this week's stupidity comes in the form of: Arsenal, Scunthorpe, Brighton, Leeds, Celtic, Leipzig, Feyenoord, Torino, Rangers, Ajax, Sion, Benfica, and the Lads. Yep, that's another thirteen teams.
- The banker has also offered a free £5 acca because the Lads thrashed Palace last week. I'm going to do a diet version of my first acca in the hope that it will break my curse. I've gone for Celtic, Arsenal, Scunthorpe, Rangers, Brighton and Leipzig to win.
Sunderland to win to nil - £6 - 5/1
13-team Acca - £2 - Returns £479.18
FREE £5 Acca - Returns £32.36
Andy Tomlinson - @SAFCSource
- After such a good win against Crystal Palace, the team have to follow it up and get something against Southampton. The Saints have lost six of their last seven Premier League games, are down to the bare bones defensively and are almost missing the player who was the difference between the two sides the last time we met - in the League Cup - Sofiane Boufal. Sunderland to win to nil is 5/1 and that is surely worth a tenner.
- Manchester City travel to Bournemouth this weekend and neither side is up to much defensively, with both relying on their attacking game, so I'm taking a punt on it being a high scoring affair.
- For my free £5 acca I'm just going for eight teams who are long odds on favourites to win their game. Namely Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea, Brighton, Derby, Celtic, Rangers and Ayr.
Sunderland to win to nil - £10 - returns £60
Bournemouth/Man City to have 7+ goals - £5 - returns £85
FREE £5 Acca - returns £61.86
Danny Roberts - @DJRoberts22
- For the first time this season going into a Sunderland game, I actually think we might win. Southampton are without Virgil van Dijk, as well as the recently departed Jose Fonte. Therefore, it’s probably the best time to face the Saints and I'll place £3 on a Sunderland win, which will return me £11.40.
- In the last two weeks, I've won about £140 on accas, so my second bet will of course be another one of those, even if the banker has given us a free one. My first will be wins for RB Leipzig in Germany, Charleroi against Westerlo in Belgium, and finally Derby and Scunthorpe in England - a £10 bet returns £68.10.
- My free £5 bet will be a bit riskier, because, well, it's free. I'm going to do an England four-fold, betting on Luton, Preston, Mansfield and Leeds to all pick up wins in their respected matches. That will return me £66.42.
Sunderland to win - £3 - 11/4
Fourfold accumulator - £10 - Returns £68.10
FREE £5 Acca - Returns £66.42
Chris Sparks - @ChrisSavedLatin
- I'm going to keep it simple this week. I'm placing a tenner on Sunderland to win against Southampton - can Moyes' mighty mackems go three games undefeated?
- The mags are away at Wolves and whilst many are expecting it to be a spicy affair, with the whole Jonjo Shelvey situation still fresh in most people's minds, I think that it'll be a fairly routing for Newcastle. I'm going for an away win, with there to be under 2.5 goals in the game.
- For my free £5 Acca I'm going for five wins - Arsenal, Everton, Barca, Newcastle and Spurs.
Sunderland to beat Southampton - £10 - 11/4
Newcastle to win + under 2.5 goals - £10 - 16/5
FREE £5 Acca - Returns £123.94