Sunderland battled to a 0-0 draw at Arsenal to win the point that guarantees Premier League safety for another year.
No one is fussed about the details of the match itself at this point. But here is the upshot:
- Costel Pantilimon was immense
- Sebastian Larsson played half an hour on one leg.
- Sebastian Coates was a giant.
- Dick Advocaat cried atthe final whistle and has promised an answer about his future next week.
- Either Hull or Newcastle will now be relegated on the final day whilst we sit and watch from afar. Suffering is guaranteed for both, misery for either Newcastle or Steve Bruce is certain. Shame.
- Everyone put in a completely heroic shift.