The agent of Fabio Borini has insisted that Sunderland are desperate to keep the on-loan Liverpool forward at the club and are willing to break the bank to do it.
He told Tutto Mercato Web:
Sunderland love Fabio after what he has done for them this season. They want him at all costs.
Call me a cynic if you want, but the more agents talk during transfer windows the less I tend to listen! I don't question that Sunderland do indeed want to keep Borini - in fact neither Gus Poyet or Charlie Oatway have made a secret of it - but I don't personally believe the 'at all costs' bit. That just sounds like agent-speak for me. Promoting their clients is their job and only ever motivation in the press.
It's going to be a long old summer of this sort of stuff.
- Sunderland Coach Hoping To Keep Striker
- Report: Alonso Future 'Most Likely' To Be At Sunderland
- Loan Star Not Ruling Out Sunderland Stay
- Wise Men Say Podcast: Episode 37 - We Shall Not Be Moved!
- Survival Should Prompt Reassessment of De Fanti 'Failure'
- Not Funny Then, Sunderland - Funny Now
- Sunderland's Magnificent Seven - The Key Moments Of The Great Escape