Misfiring Sunderland striker Jozy Altidore doesn't appear to be short on suitors when he inevitably leaves this January.
The American arrived with a superb reputation in Europe following some stunning form in the Eredivisie for Alkmaar, and although he has struggled badly on Wearside, it seems he will still have plenty of options when he leaves, with Italian, French and German clubs all reported to have watched him in the USA's recent London friendlies.
Jozy Altidore's agent: "Three Italian clubs came to see him in London, as well as two French teams and German clubs." Lille one of French
— Chris Young (@YoungSunEcho) November 26, 2014
It's difficult to see him salvaging his Sunderland career right now, and you also get the sense that Gus Poyet is keen for the chance to put his own stamp on the attacking department of his side. He recently spoke about not having the opportunity to pursue Brighton's Leonardo Ulloa this summer due to having his full quota of senior strikers already at the club, so there really does seem to be zero obstacles to Altidore moving on.
While his reputation on the continent is apparently in tact, hopefully his value in the transfer market will have held to a similar degree. I suppose time will tell.
- OFFER: Discount On Savile Rogue Scarf For Roker Report Readers
- VIDEOS: All Our Daily Sunderland Videos - In One Place
- DAILY VIDEO: Darren Bent And Sunderland - Match Made In Heaven
- Roker Round-up: No Bruma Approach; Nothing To Fear
- Stadium Of Light To Host Under-21 Cup Ties
- Reveillere Has Been A Revelation
- Is The End Nigh For Brown?