With Leicester City up next in the Premier League, how about reliving a win over the Foxes from the past?
It was December 14,1991. Marco Gabbiadini had gone, but there was a new striker making his mark at Roker Park who was very much in the Marco mold - Don Goodman.
Goodman didn't disappoint, either, bagging an 89th winner against a Leicester team destined for the play offs. What a lovely goal it was too.
For the stattos amongst us, the Sunderland team that day was:
What a glorious team it was too! You know, in a highly romanticised kind of a way. Nah, actually it was decent. This is the side that would play at Wembley in the FA Cup Final just six months later, after all. Well, most of it.
- VIDEO: Jozy Altidore Showboating For The USA
- Sebastian Coates Return Could Be Key
- Poyet Puts Congerton On Left-Back Alert
- DAILY VIDEO: Let's Remember How Brilliant Niall Quinn Was
- Poyet: Cattermole Sunderland Role 'Special'
- Poyet Blasts FA Over Sunderland Fine
- Piper: Sunderland Fans Best I Ever Experienced
- Tyne/Wear Derby Ticket and Travel Info: No Bubble, High Cost
- Former Sunderland 'Keeper Passes Away
- Club Connection: Sunderland Legend Kevin Phillips